Saturday 4 February 2012

New Girl

My house mate is a big fan of 'New Girl' Zooey Deschanels latest television show. My house mate, Laura, came into my room giggling to death after watching the pilot screaming how its me, the Jess character is just pure me. A ditzy girl who makes lord of the ring references, is a little bit awkward and is constantly in cute little dresses. I've got to say I see where shes coming from, I am a bit weird, I do skip about the house and generally behave like a kid. Though Laura has now caught secondary weird so doesn't notice when I'm being odd. Brilliant.


Anyway back to the topic 'New Girl' I love it I really do, Zooeys style is so beautiful, seriously i want to live in her wardrobe. Peopel keep complaining that shes a stunning lady and just because shes a bit quirky doesn't mean she is a nerd Blah Blah Blah. I don't care the character is likeable and incredibly watchable. Sure they have generic douchbag, generic sensitive one, and the generic black guy who is a different generic black guy from the pilot episode (little bit racist just saying.) I don't care about any of that because I love them and its ultimately a funny show that then throws in some amazingly meaningful topics as a curve ball. The latest episode Jess and Nicks girlfriend are having difficulty seeing eye to eye as Nicks girlfriends is a strong suited and booted lawyer and isn't really compatible with Jesses childlike attitude. Then Jess delivers a wonderful speech.


I break for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. I have touched glitter in the last 24 hours. I spend my entire day talking to children, and I find it fundamentally strange that you’re not a dessert person. That’s just weird and it freaks me out. And I’m sorry I don’t talk like Murphy Brown, and I hate your pant suit and I wish it had ribbons on it to make it slightly cute. And that doesn’t mean I’m not smart and tough and strong.

That set of lines is perfect, I can absolutely agree that just because you are pretty or girlie doesn't mean you aren't strong. You don't have to hide your femininity to be respected.  Often I find people forget that you can be a grown up and be silly. Which is why I shall stay tuned to this show and recommend it to everyone.

Yours 
Belinda Stepford
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment