Tuesday 10 January 2012

Shoes and Sales

Sales shopping is one of my favourite things ever. I know some people think spending anything less than they can on clothes and that out of season is out is a social faux pas but they can go boil their silly little heads. Saving money and looking fabulous is amazing. I do not like following fashion, I believe fashion to be a disease, now style that is another thing entirely. To be stylish is one of the most important lessons a lady can learn. You can be unique, outlandish, plain, radiant, scruffy, classic, simple... whatever you want but if you wear it with thought, personality and love. If you follow those rules you will never look bad, you will look like you. That is my belief anyway, you don't have to like my outfits but they are ultimately my second skin. They reveal myself and the face I choose. 




This sales season  I found some awesome little finds. I usually shy away from regular shopping as there are too many people, choices and bad lighting tend to stress me out. Slight kink of the autistic child left in me, despite my work to suppress it. So the first trip out was a bit of a bust, I spent most of the time flitting about.  I bought a dress in Debenhams, its cotton, light and totally inappropriate for winter. I'm still wearing it anyway. In the photos please excuse the state of the room, that is my sisters, my room currently doesn't have a mirror. I know all ladies should have a million mirrors but thats what you get when you live in temporary house. I bought a cardigan from Next on this trip as well, it has a real vintage look with sweet lace sleeves.




The second trip later into the sales was a lot better as it was later in the season. So again I headed back to Debenhams as I was desperate for new shoes. Being away at uni in a tiny country town meant there weren't many shoe shops and I'm so rough on shoes I needed new one. Alas I'm not a proper girl, I hate shoe shopping. I'm a Uk size 8 which is difficult enough, but I'm picky. Added to that I hate too many choices. So sales shopping where there is limited choices is best for me. Honestly I prefer charity shops, ebay and trawling for second hand goodies. You shouldn't wear second hand shoes though so I have to do regular shopping with them. I got some lovely brown riding style boots from Red Herring, real leather with a low heel. Great for winter. I'm really difficult with boots as I don't own jeans or in fact any trousers; boots tend not to go as well with dresses and skirts. Its so difficult to stop your legs looking chubby in boots and a skirt. So I had to trawl for the ones I got, I'm still not sure I like them but I had to buy shoes.




They weren't the only shoes I got, as a professed shoe shopping hater I managed to get quite a haul this trip. I got some beautiful patent leather party heels, with a low hidden wedge that makes them really comfy. They are delightfully cushioned so a really springy on the balls of my feet. They are also Red Herring.




My Mim found me some really adorable little ballet pumps, which actually look like ballet pumps, in pink satin. They where the amazing price of four pounds twenty as well which makes me love them all the more. They might not be the best buy in the rainy English winter but who cares. They will go with so many of my outfits. They are also Red Herring.




The last pair of shoes I bought where these really unusual maroonish coloured suede pumps they are John Rocha, they feel like you are bare foot but cushioned which is great. I love being bare foot, so they are perfect for me. http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_050010529101_-1?CMP=AFC-AWIN-86480&awc=2194_1326145131_19534a943cae7b9fa99dfa8e113311de





I didn't just buy shoes, I also bought a boat load of socks to go with said shoes. I tend to wear ballet pumps so I'm often sans socks. I also like to spend my time bare foot so winter isn't so kind on my toes, wooly socks are a must.




I also bought a skirt from Marks and Spencers'. I love Marks and Spencers', even though it is designed for older ladies I find it to be of really good quality. Even their things that I've bought second hand from charity shops has lasted me really well and ended up back  in the charity shop when I've done with it.  The skirt is a size too big for me but as its a tight wiggle type skirt it fits me all over except for the waist is a bit loose. Please excuse the photos I was on my own and don't yet have tripod; also the weird buldge isn't there when I'm not awkwardly bending forward to see the viewfinder on my camera. Damn angles. I've been looking for a business suit for a while, doing Event Management its kind of needed but I just haven't found one that suits me. I'm five foot eight with a long torso, with a bigger than average chest, scrawny little hips and stupidly long skinny but muscular arms from the years of trapeze I did before going away to uni. Unless I get something professionally tailored I doubt I'll get one. So for now I'm getting by with bits of business wear and tinkering with them.



From Marks and Spencers' I also got a swim suit, Laura and I are going to start going swimming as our new years get fit plan. I've hated not doing exercise since I've gone to uni. I chose Marks and Spencer as they do a great range in bust sizes and fit sizes which is ideal for me. They also have hidden support and tummy flattening in as they are designed with the older lady in mind. I love them and think mine is so cute. I haven't worn a one piece since I was about twelve and I'd forgotten how great they are, so flattering. 




I also popped in to Wittards and bought some tea to tide me over at Uni for a while. I got a mixed lot of world teas at the grand total of six pounds. Today has gone unbelievably well.




I almost forgot to mention I visited the dentist in the morning and had moulds taken for teeth whitening strips. I'm starting the process to perfect teeth, all right. I am so excited to finally be getting my one insecurity gone. I truly believe that someone should present themselves as best as they can, a small fault that impinges their self confidence should be dealt with before deeper insecurities set in. I smashed my face in when I was six years old and ever since then I've been in and out of dentist offices. I was promised a brace before I even had fresh teeth, yet the NHS kept pushing it back saying I could get it when I was older, then they decided my teeth where not bad enough to get braces. After years of fixating on my crooked teeth as was told they aren't that bad. So I went private, the only problem I'm not 19 so a brace is not ideal, I've just started uni and a brace would impinge me. It also wouldn't fix the problem that some of my teeth are irregularly shaped from impact damages. So veneers it is, the oddly shaped ones will be veneered and my crooked ones slightly shaped and whitened. The moulds feel very weird in, they make my teeth feel too big for my mouth. I don't care though they are worth it.


Yours 
Belinda Stepford
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment